Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just Walking Around

Today Josh and I went to Renewal services which involved a lot of singing and drums and unrolling the entire Torah and holding it up for way way too long. I'll let Josh explain why we did this.

But.....after that we had a really nice picnic with some of Josh's classmates from his school here, the Conservative Yeshiva. Also joining us were old friends from RRC who are studying here this year, Jessica and Derek. Or Derrica. I'm so glad Derrica are here because I seriously seriously doubt I could do this year without their good moods and kindness.

On the way home I took some photos of pomegranate and citrus trees. Israel is the land of really really good fruit. But...the apples here are not that good. Everything else, when it comes to fruit, is spectacular.



The pomegranate in question. I love the flowery opening at the bottom.



Citrus tree and citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment