Tuesday, December 15, 2009

29

I turned 29 on the 7th of this month. We celebrated by going back to the Kan Zaman.

I wanted to go someplace special. A place that would feel like Jerusalem, not just some place to chow down. It had to feel authentic (whatever that means) to my time here-- a complicated, exciting, difficult, and joyous time. Like the 4th year of the MFA program that I never got to have.

Anyway, the night was bubbles and sparkles. The lights went out in the start of dinner, so we ate our food by candlelight while the musicians played on. Jessica made the decadent cupcakes pictured below. They were superb.

superb!
judging by the plates, this is the end of dinner & the lights are back on
growing older is fun so far
I tried to pop Josh's head off

beans, the appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment